Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Oct 2, 2012 Touching Spirit Bear

Homework: Complete Day 3 of your response journal

We continued with Touching Spirit Bear today but we read it a little differently.  We opened class by completing a journal entry related to the book.  Our prompt was "What if you had the choice between Circle Justice or jail?  Which do you think you would choose?  Explain"  After writing we discussed answers in small groups and then with the whole class.  We were split about 60-40 in favor of Circle Justice!  I wouldn't want to go to jail but I don't know how I would find food on that island!.....Tough choice!

When that was completed we listened to chapters 5 and 6 on audiobook.  We paused halfway through to discuss what we thought the theme of the book was so far.  Here's some of what we came up with:

  • Control your anger
  • Make good choices
  • Reach out for help when you need it
  • There are consequences for your actions
  • Don't act out of anger
Great brainstorming!  If you didn't complete your response journal during class make sure to do that tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment